Saturday, May 15, 2010

Soaring Across The Sky!

So officially I start my strength block of about 6 weeks.  So 3 times a week, I plan to climb, go vertical.  Each week the intensity increases, with the last week being a recovery week.  I am still indoors, since Welsh weather is cold and rainy, but I will be heading outside next week.  As they say, a Watt is a Watt.  However, I was reading some research that said, cyclists use more torque putting out the same watts while climbing.  This is one thing I also notice, training inside, really helps with the flats and slight inclines, but somehow climbing outside seems way harder!!! :0)
The picture that I have, was taken in the Welsh countryside, yes, I actually saw this happening. Those damn dogs.  :0)  It could be because of lack of oxygen.  I am kidding, this web-siste has some interesting pictures.  Well enough chit-chat.

My work out consisted today of:


  1. Warm-up [4x1min spin-up, last 5 minutes hard [LT power]] - 30 minutes
  2. 5x25 min climbing pyramid, RI=10min,  CAD 65-75rpm, Power=LT Watts, seated (just like Kloden, he never stands)
  3. Cool-down
I have been using Perpetium, but I notice that when I take it, I feel more and more tired as I take more of it.  This usually happens when I have an allergy to some food.  I also get bloating, people out there in Blog Land, have you experienced this at all?

I think I am just going to switch to First Endurance products.  However, I am going to order Going Long by Joe Friel and see if that helps at all.  Well Sunday is a rest day for me, then the insanity starts again.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I love the picture with the wolf and sheep!

    I enjoy climbs - when I go rock climbing at the outskirts of my home city I cycle to the crags - I climb both by bike and on rocks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Climbing with bike and hands, great stuff. I also do rock climbing sometimes, great exercise.

    ReplyDelete