Monday, February 4, 2013

I have not posted anything for a long while on this Blog.  My Quest is not over, I had to take a break.  I had some health problems coming from a 16 hour ride in 37 degree F weather, where I ended up in the hospital, severely dehydrated, heart palpitations and lots of other fun stuff.  I took last year off,  and now I am starting to train again from scratch.

I want to say that I love using power to train.  Thank you USA Cycling, I took a course in San Diego on training with power, and this has changed my approach to training so much.

Now that I am fat (not even for a cyclist, but fat for a normal person, if you know what I mean), I have to lose weight and get back into inhuman shape.  Going forward, if I could get someone to video tape me, I will going showing you some of my work out, weights, training on the bike, stretching and all the other fun stuff.

I have also moved to Vancouver, so dragging this fat a$$ up and down the mountains will be fun.  However, I always say, if you tiny little cyclists can hold me on the mountains, when it flattens out, there will be 400watts of pure big ring to digest.  And I can (well used to be able to) hold that for a while.  Of course that was a couple of years ago.

This year I turn 50, and my goal is to be, lean, mean, fit, strong, and determined not to wear diapers for another 30 years at least.  :)

I start my training next Monday, February 11th.  I always think that a Monday is a good day to start.  Why not today, well because I am a wimp and I don't have a training plan done yet.

My first goal, is to lose weight, and to be able to walk after my first workout. My brain thinks that I am a super athlete, but my body will know different, so I have to take it easy.

So everyone thinks that Lance is a cheater, well he is, but I think that sometimes people believe that if you take EPO then you will be Lance.  NOT!  He worked like a dog, trained very, very, very hard.  I remember Lance battling it out with El Pirate (Pantoni) in the mountains (and we know that Marco took Edgar Allen Poe with his coffee in the morning), and Lance finally kicked his a$$.  That was when I knew that we had a little help.  :)

God night, and I will be back to let you know that the quest has begun again.

No comments:

Post a Comment